Load shedding will only be done as a last resort - if demand does not reduce and if the power system is placed at risk
The status of the power system can be monitored in the following ways:
- Information on the power system will be shared in the media.
Watch out for the Power Alerts and Eskom Power Bulletin broadcasts after the SABC news in the evenings:
- The Power Bulletin is flighted on SABC TV immediately after the news, starting with the 17:30 news bulletin through to the 19:30 bulletin. The announcements, which follow the weather forecast, will run for 60 seconds on all three SABC TV channels (Monday to Friday) until the end of the year. The radio announcements will run three times a day (morning, midday and afternoon) and will continue until December 2013
Notification of load shedding will be issued by means of:
- Notifications via the media
- Notices on the Eskom website www.eskom.co.za
- Daily power status broadcasts Power Bulletin and Power Alert
- SMS's to Eskom customers
The detailed Eskom load-shedding schedules are available:
- On the Eskom website www.eskom.co.za From Eskom Contact Centre on 08600ESKOM (0860037566)
- Municipal customers can obtain their schedules from the various Municipal website
Please note that Changes to the schedules, may take place from time to time and we recommend that view the site regularly.